- This Programme is designed to provide comprehensive training to those who wish to become SCUBA divers.
- This Programme emphasizes the skills and knowledge needed to develop a safer novice diver and to develop a sense of confidence and responsibility in those joining the adventures of underwater discovery.
- This Programme qualifies a diver to dive to a maximum depth of 70 fsw (21 msw) in open water, accompanied by other divers of at least the same level, without supervision of a Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor. The diver can dive to a maximum depth of 100 fsw (30 msw) if they are guided or supervised dive by a dive master or instructor.
- This Programme qualifies a diver to participate in diving activities where Appropriate Diver Support is always available at the surface, where in-water decompression stops are not required, and under conditions that are equal or better than the conditions where they were trained. If diving in conditions significantly different from those previously experienced the diver shall require an appropriate orientation.
- Upon completion of the Open Water Nitrox Diver Program, the diver may dive any EANx mixture from Air to EANx 40.
- If accompanied by an Instructor, an OW Diver or OWND may gain progressive experience beyond these parameters and develop competency in managing more challenging diving conditions designed to lead to higher qualifications. Where further instruction is required, this can only be provided by an Instructor.
Must be a minimum of 15 years of age with a parent or guardian authorisation, or a minimum of 12 years of age for Junior Diver qualification, or a minimum of 18 years of age without guardian approval.
Minimum Duration: 4 Days